воскресенье, 10 ноября 2013 г.

Discussion Questions


School Education in Britain and the USA.
1)They have state schools, public schools, mixed schools and single -sex (boys or girls) schools.
2) Children start school at 6 and leave at 16.
3) Primary school (from 5 to 11) includes infant school (from 5 to 7) and junior school (from 8 to 11)
    Secondary schools (from 11 to 16)
4) Pupils have to take SATs, GCSE, A-level exams.
5) School leavers have to take A-level,as the main standard for entrance to University.
6) Yes,there is. National Curriculum was introduced in 1988. It consists of 10 subjects which all the children must study at school.
7)It takes 11 years to complete full-time compulsory education.
8)Primary school concentrates on the three R's: reading, writing and 'rithmetic and also developing pupils' creative abilities.Secondary school concentrates on subjects, which include in  National Curriculum in order to prepare children for sitting for GCSE.
9) Entrance exams can be abandoned if a person doesn't want to get higher education and begins to work. 
10)Admission requirements to primary and secondary school are the age of children.
11)The purpose of elite school education provide firm knowledge and give pupils the better education.Pupils of such schools show greater improvement in the examination results than those at state -maintained schools. In later life, those educated in such schools dominate the sources of state power in government, law and finance,armed forces.
12) English, Maths, Science, History, Geography, Physical Education should be an integral part of school curriculum. Religious Education, Technology and Design are optional subjects.
13) As for our country, private schools are available for rich people. They have a good infrastructure, but it doesn't mean that education is such schools is better than in state ones.
14) A problem pupil is a pupil,who plays truants and has some problems at school. He gets bad marks and misbehaves.
15) A good teacher is a person who loves children and his job. Such person knows his subject perfectly and is ready to improve his abilities. 
16) memorable - when we went to the Pushkin state theater. I don't remember the name of performance, but the main hero was Sergei Lasarev and all girls of our class (including me) were  delighted with it. We all took binoculars in order to see him! 
exciting - There were different tests
painful- when I fought with my classmate. He was a boy, who constantly importuned me.But nowadays, we are friends and forget about our sorrows.
17) I am usually very nervous!!! I can't sleep at hight before the exam! However I really learned the material and know all questions, but it is all the same I am in panic. 
18) I think that it is easier to pass oral exam, because the teacher can help you.
19) No, I don't prefer to be the first to answer.
20)Yes.I check my work and find mistakes, that's why I need rough-work sheets.
21)Yes, I feel uncomfortable.
22)To my mind, cribs can be only in a written form, as while preparing them a student learn some information automatically. But unfortunately, I can't crib(
23)When I get the ticket, I become calm, because I understood that I know something about it.
24)No, it is better to do tasks yourself, it is more difficult, but it is more useful.
25) For me, to be confident.
26)Boarding schools teach children to be independent, but at the same time children miss their parents. Advantages of private schools: profound knowledge, better instructors, students of such school have more opportunities in the future.
27) I think, it is good idea. Children can improve their knowledge.
28) To my mind, it is 7. It is an age when the child is ready morally for school. However it depends on the child.
29)If they want to enter the University.
30)Yes. Children behave like adults and they feel more confident.
31) Yes, they are necessary in order to stimulate further development. Test are necessary for improving knowledge and skills.
32)No!computers can't test people.It is awful.    


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий